After 20+ years of smoking, I Finally Quit back in 2007…8 years ago.
Before I quit smoking, I used to smoke at least 1 pack per day. At today’s prices (06/21/2015 in San Diego, CA), that’s approximately 2,921.94 days @ $5.58 plus tax (or $6.07) = $17,736.18.
$17,736.18 in savings – just from quitting cigarettes! Incredible!!
I became reflective and wondered what I’d really done with that money. Did I buy a new car? Did I donate it? No.
To date, I have spent nearly 8 times that in:
- developing and creating https://ifinallyquit.com, a place where people could join and connect with others, who are looking to inspire and be inspired,
- designing and trademarking (what I hope to be) the globally recognized logo quitters can wear as a badge of honor,
- writing and getting published I Finally Quit…And So Can You: How to Gain Everything by Quitting, the “tell all book” of how and why I quit smoking and drinking alcohol, and
- seeking the help of expert marketing and mobile app developers to help spread the word about https://ifinallyquit.com
I wish I could say every single penny was spent in the best possible way; furthering the I Finally Quit Movement. The reality is the learning curve has been pretty steep and at times the cost of setbacks nearly debilitating; however, with each one of you who has
- “liked” a post or the IFQ social media pages,
- JOINED the movement, by creating a free profile at the website
- “shared” a post with your wall/followers
- purchased an IFQ t-shirt, hat, book, or other products
- downloaded the Action Plan – “The 8 Step Action Plan to Quit Smoking“, or
- hand-wrote a “thank you” letter and sent it in
I am encouraged to continue on. Me being “David ‘The Quitter’ Ross” quit being about me long ago and is truly about being (what I hope to be) an inspiration to others.
And for that, I’d like to say “Thanks”!